martes, 27 de octubre de 2020

My thoughts about Bookstagram ....


Hello everyone! 🖖🏻

Some many time ago I have the necessary to create a blog. I actually have a blog but it is in Spanish (my native language), but bookstagram opened to me a big window and I am now more confident to talk to you. 

I posted this in a post yesterday night but I would love to explain more myself because IG just let to write a few characters. And talk to you like we're in at a cafeteria. 


In this post I will not ask a question, since I want to comment on an issue that has been troubling me for some time.

And it is that not lately that bookstagram is a site that I feel that perhaps it has lost its touch...

When I started this account, I did so because I wanted to share what I read, as a kind of reading diary. I wanted to have fun and in a way encourage reading. (In my country, people hardly read, they watch more football than anything else. There are no public libraries or they are almost inaccessible to people ....) If one person of my country start to read a book I'm satisfaced and realized. 

But lately I feel like Bookstagram has become a community of "support" for authors. Nobody or the majority of us (like me) reads what comes from the depths of their heart to read. I'm not saying it's wrong, but that in a way deprives us of what we really want to read.
I love to support indie authors (indie authors from my country and foreign indie authors) and I enter to forms when I really excited to read a book, and I read the book very interested in the plot. But also, I try to feel confortable when I read them. If I feel pressure, I'm not do it well. 

On the other hand, we see the culture of cancellation where others impose "what should we read"and "what we shouldn't read"

I don't see this wrong. All the contrary. I'm sure they are amazing books around and invisible that we have to discover, but I sometimes feel pressure to catch them. And the other side, I think we don't have to judge people if they read or post "banned books". We don't really know everyone's background. 

Read whatever book you want to read, post whatever book you want to post. If you don't really want to support any author even though your are posting their books is okay or viceversa.

Sometimes is good to post about a book you don't recommend. Just explain your reasons with respect and mindful. And encourage to others to create their own thoughts about that book. Let people decide if they want to read it or not, maybe that book would be the favorite book of someone. 

Just follow the Flow.

I feel that we should encourage reading as such. I am sure that each person in this place is older and can decide what to read and analyze what they are reading. 


On the other hand, sometimes I feel bad because I can't read at the speed that others can. I feel useless and even slow because I am always late to parties with famous books. But, I also start to think that everyone reads at their own pace. Don't feel bad because you haven't read X famous book. Someday you will read it and if you don't want to read it in the end, that's fine.



And I already leave my random complaints until here. I just wanted to express them and get them out of my chest. Thank you so much for reading till the end 🙈😘



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario